Monday, November 17, 2008

Well Everyone, I'm Home from Silver Bella!

Let's take a stroll  & we'll talk about Old Town as I haven't even taken my (50lb+) suitcase out of the car yet...

DSC_0076 (2)

Wow, what a weekend. Although I really enjoyed the little "get-a-way", it was rather exhausting & exhilarating at the same time. I come home to find funny comments from my favorite boys (my little brother and my son) on my November 12th post. I have those  boys entirely too spoiled (& I am too) but I do agree that I need to get back to a somewhat "normal" routine...if that even exists.

Back to Omaha...it's a lovely place. I wish I would have had the chance to see more of it. It's so festive for the holidays...

DSC_0075 (2)

The weather was so-so and the only snowflakes I saw were these...

DSC_0087 (2)

Okay, let's have a seat...

DSC_0079 (2)

and just admire the beautiful details of Old Town.

DSC_0009 (3)

Doesn't this view just make you want to cuddle at a small bistro table sipping on hot cocoa with a best friend?

Oh and the beauty of old warehouses that are now loft apartments

DSC_0083 (2)

street after street after street, nothing but beautiful buildings...

DSC_0013 (2)

Don't you just want to open this door and go inside????? Oh I do!!!!

DSC_0086 (2)

And last but not least...such beautiful textiles were everywhere!

DSC_0074 (2)

This very old antique safe was just sitting on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant (a deliciously smelling one I might add)  for us all to enjoy as we took our stroll through Old Town Omaha.

That's about it for today...I only had about 2 hours of walking around and taking pictures with sunshine...it rained most of the time but the last night we were there was simply beautiful.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

jealous, jealous, jealous... i think i need to go to church, lol.

i'm so glad you had a good time, can't wait to see more!!
~Rachel

Heidi said...

Loved every minute too!!!!

My trip there was SO short, plus I was sick the first morning, so I only had 45 minutes to walk the Old Town! I'm SO VERY thankful to look at your lovely photos of the area! You're a great photographer!!!!

*Heidi*

Cami said...

Hi sweet Jodie,

Such a pleasure! And thank you for all the sewing assistance. And that glue stick!!! And tell your husband I thought your accent was absolutely endearing.

Love,
Cami

PS It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Sandi said...

hi there Silver Bella friend,
Had a great time, still unpacking, and you have already posted TWICE, with lots of pictures!!!
Sandi
(VictorianGypsy)

Sadie Lou said...

Wow! I thought about taking pictures of Old Market--but your pictures are just fabulous! Thank you for sharing those with us.
~Sadie Lou
(LolliShops)

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you got home safely. Had a lot of fun with you, and wish we had hooked up Saturday night. It was such a chaotic (but great) time! Will keep checking your blog to keep up with you. You are just a doll!!!

Anonymous said...

well...it looks like you enjoyed yourself.