Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Artful Blogging"... My Silver Bella Companion

What does Artful Blogging (one of my favorite magazines in the whole wide world) and Silver Bella 2008 have in common you ask? Well, there are a few  answers to that my friend, starting with  my long flight to Omaha, Nebraska to "play" (ahem) create with some very talented Bellas all weekend. This magazine was one of two of my travel companions as I traveled alone and braved Atlanta's airport fury (coming and going)...

DSC_0132 (2)

Answer #2

Artful Blogging and Where Women Create (both published by Somerset) kept me company in my hotel room and also wished me good night every night!

DSC_0002 (2)

And oh how I slept so good dreaming of chicken wire, paint, glitter, aprons, glue, paper, scissors, etc. etc. etc. Further information on that subject will available shortly, stay tuned.

Back to my trusty travel companion...Answer #3

This magazine has published some work of some extremely talented women. One in particular is one of my BBFs (Best Blog Friend) Tiffany Kirchner-Dixon. I met her through blogging, we did a couple of swaps together and I finally was able to meet her in the flesh at Silver Bella this past weekend. She was everything I dreamed and read she would be. She's so real, so sweet, so genuine and has a smile that lights up the room! This latest issue of  Artful Blogging has published an article about Tiffany's dress form "Nadia" which was a truly funny yet inspirational story of why we collect the things we do. So go get it at your local bookstore and just drown in all of it's "prettiness" (if that's a word). It features many more Bellas and talented women that I had the pleasure to meet. So before the wonderful weekend was over, I was honored to have the wonderful Mrs. ShabbyScraps herself  autograph my copy of my Silver Bella companion...what a wonderful souvenir to bring home!!!!!!!

DSC_0133 (2)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodie! It was so amazing to meet you finally! I can't believe you had me autograph your magazine! you are such a sweetie! Looking forward to our swap,
xoxo, Tiffany

Geralyn Gray said...

I love it--I wonder how many flight attendants saw us all reading the same things going to Omaha. I love all the pictures you took. I always seemed to be rushing somewhere since I didn't stay at Embassy Suites. The blogworld is great because you can see everything again. Thanks for all your nice comments. I think I am going to like this whole blog thing.

Anonymous said...

As question say I was wondering how to get pictures from my computer on to my iphone. It's on 3.0 and any help would be very much appreciated. I can get them from my iphone to the computer easy but not the other way around
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]