Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's got my name written all over it...

Untitled-1

Dear friends and family, I am taking donations this week for my new purchase. Please send all monies to:  

Nah, I'm just kidding. However I am so excited about my new purchase I will be picking up (hopefully) Monday afternoon IF hubby and I can get off work early and IF the weather cooperates which I think it will. 

Yesterday, we went to a city wide garage sale and a few antique/flea markets. (More posts on that later). I came home with a trunk full of stuff but the biggest item is yet to come home with me. But I did bring my trusty old Nikon and took pictures to remind myself of how pretty my kitchen will look when this is finally home...

DSC_0014 (2)

She belongs right here on top of my rug...

DSC_0019 (2)

At this moment, she's sitting in an antique shop about an hour from where I live. I DID NOT want to stop there yesterday as it is a very ritzy antique shop. I don't do ritzy as I am NOT a ritzy person but my cousin Sonya insisted (and she was driving) so we did. We walked in...people stared at us (we were at garage sales all morning and I was wearing shorts, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes...what's wrong with that??!!!) So I followed...and touched...and looked at price tags...and almost fainted but something beautiful really caught my eye. She was sitting in the corner with numerous wooden candle holders and Christmas ornaments soon to be put out for decoration spread out all over the top of her. It's like she was just a catch-all amongst all of the elaborate fancy antiques around her. So we cleared the top and I knew instantly that this piece would be my new kitchen island! As shabby as she looks, she is so sturdy and very very very heavy.

DSC_0014 (3)

Her paint is cracked and chippy and her top is worn. I am not sure if she's really old or a new old look...all I can imagine is putting on my apron, busting out with the flour, rolling some pie dough and baking for the holidays!

Oh, I forgot, I don't bake. But I could try right? And with my new island table, I would definitely look like Martha Stewart doing so! (Well, without the blond hair, & the body, & the voice...well you get what I am trying to say, don't you?)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Jodie! I don't know what makes me more jealous: your awesome new kitchen island or the fact that you can fit an island in your kitchen, lol! Great purchase!!
~Rachel

Heidi said...

What a gorgeous piece of furniture...and it'll be in your kitchen soon! Nice!
*Heidi*

The Rustic Victorian said...

I'm lovin the table...great choice!
Marcie