Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I made my own...

DSC_0022 (2)

As I am getting ready to go to Silver Bella for the first time, I am in awe of these veteran Bellas who are so prepared and have everything in order. I'm still working on my swap! (my one and only swap at that!) A neat idea was to have "calling cards" made with our personal information so we could trade with other bellas during the weekend festivities. Since I was in the creative mood and had plenty of time on my hands (yeah right), I thought I would give this a shot and make them myself. So here I was Sunday morning, still in my pajamas, digging through my flickr account and grabbing all of my favorite pictures. I put them in photoshop, mini-sized them and added everything vintage to the corners. I must have 36 different pictures and I printed well over 100 I think. I ran the sheets back through and printed my personal information on the back of the cards. I sat in my studio and cut out each one while watching the Lifetime channel. I thought, how bad can this be...I could do this right????

Ingredients: 8 sheets of matte photo paper, photo printer, an exacto knife and a ruler, a good movie to watch, 2 Dr. Peppers, a bag of onion rings, a Twix bar and about an hour and a half later,  I produced these...

DSC_0032 (2)

My philosophy:

#1 Since this is my first time going, I have no idea what to expect,  so I have faith my little cards will be okay.

#2 Since I am going to a PAPER ARTS EVENT where everything is hand made, I thought it would be appropriate for me to make them myself.

#3  And, if I find that my cards look ratty compared to others, I will be early in ordering my 'moo cards' from London on time for Silver Bella 2009!!!

Anybody want to trade cards with me????

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Very creative! I should have just done that! I ordered my MOO cards, then my blog addy changed. So I re-ordered. Then my blog addy changed AGAIN! So ALL my MOO cards have hand-markings on them with my new blog addy. Your's are great!

YES! Please save me one!
see ya soon!
*Heidi*

Sandi said...

Hi Jodie,
Hoping to meet you and to trade cards with you. My first SilverBella too! And I am so not ready. But getting very excited.
VictorianGypsy
(who is starting to worry because I don't really look like a gypsy at all)