Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A few of my finds...

I promised I'd post about some garage sale finds from this past weekend. We were on the road for 6 am and hit at least 8 garage sales, 2 boutiques, one flea market, & one antique shop. Not to mention checking out the "going out of business" sale at Linens N Things, searching for my favorite magazines at Barnes & Noble and getting last minute supplies for Silver Bella at Hobby Lobby. Whew!  Here's a few I was able to snap some pictures of so far...

DSC_0036 (2)

I picked up this plate, hat and earrings all in a matter of 3 minutes of walking through the flea market. I had no idea they would blend in together this beautifully until I noticed them all in my arms.  I'm not a lover of the color blue but this blue has a gray hue and is so soft, especially when combined with the green.

DSC_0040 (2)

I also picked up this plate and these two candle holders at a small boutique. The pillow sham underneath came with a twin sheet set I picked up at a garage sale. I love the vivid pink and red roses.

DSC_0045 (2)

You must believe me when I tell you that I really don't care for the color blue, but again...another blue purchase I couldn't resist!

DSC_0050 (2)

Above is a pair of earrings I picked up at a church garage sale. I love the mix of pearls & diamonds...too bad they aren't real! The flowers also come from a 25 cent bag of flowers.

DSC_0054 (2)

I picked these earrings up at our first stop of the morning which was our best stop of the day. These were in the original AVON box for 25 cents. Underneath lies a placemat with so much crochet and embroidery detail. There were only three and I think she charged me 25 cents each. Oh how I wished she had more, they would make a beautiful table setting.

DSC_0059 (3)

And last but not least, some vintage hankies and some old brass cabinet pulls with the back plates.

I also picked up some vintage cake and cupcake toppers. Some are still in the original packaging and some need to be cleaned. It was a huge ziploc bag full for 25 cents. I still have not opened nor looked through it yet. I have another $2 ziploc bag of sewing stuff I haven't looked through yet either. I also bought a pretty punch bowl with the hanging cups. Yep, you guessed it, I haven't even unwrapped that either. Now I need to wash & iron all of these linens and soak my pretty BLUE millinery hat.

What is it with me and blue? Maybe it's how I feel about the  outcome of the presidential election. I'm not too sure of the "change" that lies ahead for our country...

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Great finds!!! Great prices!!! That's a fun day in my book!
*Heidi*

Rachel said...

love your finds. you're such a lucky girl, i haven't been to a sale in three weeks- ugh!!
~rachel

Anonymous said...

mom you have way too much time on your hands!

and that was a nice touch of political sarcasm at the end.

see you friday,
Brett