Tuesday, July 8, 2008

April Baby Shower

I am still preparing for my little brother and sister-in-law's baby shower...I am finally seeing the light!

I am always on the hunt for some decoration inspiration. Therefore, I thought I would post some of my previous baby shower decorations...

This was the first diaper cake I have ever made. Whew! It took MANY hours but it was an awful lot of fun! No glue and no pins. Each diaper was rolled and tied with ribbon and all tied together. All accessories were also tied to the "cake" with ribbon or stuffed in tight! Everything on the cake including the diapers is ready to use! Nothing will be wasted...what a great gift in itself!

diaper cake

 

diaper cake1

The following pictures are from my friend's baby shower that we hosted in April at another friend's home.

A bar full of beanie babies! A cute addition to a "Noah's Ark" theme...

bar of beanie babies

Easy decorating dining room chairs...a cluster of silk flowers, a purple linen napkin tucked behind, wrapped with an organza sash and voila...instant elegance.

chairs

For this vase with the flowers, we added the expecting couple's baby pictures for a little touch of fun and personality!

flowers and pictures

These were FRESH flowers straight from Barbara's yard & Janet B. fixed a beautiful arrangement!

janet & flowers

We made the shower favors by covering a matchbox, adding a gold brad (for the pull), wrapping the candle with coordinating paper & wrapping it all up in tulle with ribbon, trinkets and a tag. Of course I love the distressed look so I inked all of the edges in walnut stain giving it a vintage feel.  And, the scented candles smelled lovely!

party favors

Instead of buying a gift and sign in book, I purchased an English composition book and decorated the outside and inside covers with paper and embellishments.

sign in book & gift book

My friend Melissa made this Noah's Ark wreath to hang on the front door and to keep for the baby's nursery.

door wreath

The talented Melissa also made the Noah's Ark cake from scratch! With talented hostesses, anything is possible!

noah's ark cake

Since summer is in it's prime, "Bridal season" is winding down for now until the fall. Since March, I have decorated 3 weddings, 1 bridal shower, and 1 baby shower! I have one more baby shower on the 19th and one more wedding in early August.  Then I am through! (for now)

If you are wondering...the answer is no, I do not get paid for these...these are my gifts to family and friends. I have been asked for hire, but I am a little weird...when it becomes "a job", I don't want to do it. I just love to volunteer...it's like a therapy and I get to create all in one!

Let me get back to decorating and planning...I will show you some wedding decorations from March and May soon... (I promise).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am planning a baby shower in the Noah's Ark theme and saw a picture of the wreath and just loved the idea... How would I go about trying to make one. I think it would be a beautiful decoration peice for both the party and for the nursery later. How did she make the animals?

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Beth,
I don't have your email address nor can I get on your blog. (it's not allowing me to do so) so I hope you can see this comment.

She bought the animals at Michaels and Walmart. Some may have needed to be painted and some were already done. Then she just wrapped some ribbon around a wreath and glued on the animals. I hope this helps.

I'd love to visit your blog Beth, but it's not letting me in.