Sunday, June 22, 2008

Purple, Green and Yellow...

 

 flashcard collage

My weekend has been all baby...

Baby shower preparing that is. My little brother and his wife (both 30) are expecting their first child on September 3rd! We have the shower scheduled for Saturday, July 19th. Sooo, since I am the big sister who spoils him the most, I am hosting a baby shower/family reunion with the help of my two sisters, my wonderful little 15 yr old niece, and my awesome sister-in-law. Our family is  huge and so spread out through the states. It's really sad that the only time we get together is for a funeral! So why not bring them together for something happy?!

The expecting couple chose not to know the sex of the baby and leave it to be a surprise, only to make things very difficult on my end regarding the decorations. So I did what I do best...I improvised! No pink, no blue. Do you know how hard it is to find baby stuff that is neutral? Now, bear with me, I cannot show or tell you all the details because I want it all to be a surprise but I will give you a little sneak peak and let your (& their) imagination run wild. 

sneak peak

We made this and that, and oh, this CUTE little thing, and you should see what we made for the guests!

Gosh, I didn't realize how hard it keeping a secret on a blog...trust me, it's hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodie!

I just love your blog! Everything looks so you! We are so excited about the baby shower..oh my goodness the picture of baby stuff for the shower is soooo cute! I love it! Thanks for all that you do. You are the best!
Love, Shanna