Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Focus...

I am trying to focus. Not on life or anything (that would be too serious), but trying to experiment with my darn Nikon camera. It's more than I can handle (or need!)

DSC_0062 (2)

I just acquired it a few months ago. I have tried to read the (6-inch thick)  manual but I am just not familiar with all the "camera terminology". I think I need to enroll myself in a photography class but I don't have time. It's on my list of things to do before I die, but for right now, all I want to do is photograph some of the jewelry I've made and out of about 30 something pictures, these are the only ones that came out! Augh! So I will share these with you (and practice later!).

DSC_0075 (2)

This blue & yellow floral bracelet and drop earrings were re-purposed from a broken chintzy glass necklace I found at a flea market. I added the glass cobalt and silver for a crispy spring feel. It looks great with my old yellow shirt and my favorite pair of jeans. (Martha Stewart style!)

DSC_0079

Now in the picture below, why is flower so clear but the earrings are a little blurry? I would rather the background be blurred instead of the subject. Hmmm...DSC_0079 (2)

I just completed the following pink & pearl set. I will pack it up cutesy pooh and send it to my sister as a birthday surprise from my son. She is his God-Mother and he wanted to get her something special so I volunteered to make something special just for her.  (It's okay, she doesn't have a computer & she has no idea so don't tell her!)

DSC_0057 (2)

No vintage re-purposing here...all new glass & silver beads. New, but with my own vintage design.

DSC_0081

This picture below worked...I like the crispy clear subject with blurry background but I don't know how I did it!

DSC_0080 (2)

Maybe I need to focus right now on getting some work done instead of playing...oh how I LOVE TO PLAY!

No comments: