Sunday, October 3, 2010

Birthday MONTH: Day 4

A few flea finds and a visit with the Sis...

Now I don't know about you but...if you received a birthday cake like this from your sister, would you be insulted? mad? maybe a tad embarrassed? or even a little sad?

DSC_0127

Wooodie Wooodie, Jodie is 40 ~ OLD Lady

(she's not very creative in poetry, is she?)

Well to be honest when I first read it, I weighed out the options of being mad at her...

(A) if I'm 40 and she thinks I'M old, then she's REALLY OLD!

(B) she makes the BEST chocolate chip cookie cakes in the world and I didn't want her to take it back!

(C) I didn't open my present from her yet so I pretended it didn't insult me ;)

(D) and who cares what it says...i love me some chocolate!!!

So I put a big fat smile on my face (wrinkled nose and all), thanked her with a big old hug, quickly swiped it up and put it in the back of my Suburban while dreaming of eating a piece with a cold glass of milk when I got home! yum.

(FYI ~ I ate the "OLD" off of it first)

You see, I AM the baby girl of the family (& always will be) so the answer to the question above is...NO...I'm not insulted, mad, embarrassed or a tad bit sad at all! How could I be to a sister who thought of me enough to make me a cake???

Matter of fact, 40 has been good to me so far :)))

DSC_0128

Plus, I kept my eye on the prize!!!!

For my birthday, my sister Penny got me a beautiful round glass platter and wrought iron stand...I love it!

DSC_0129

I couldn't wait to come home and put it in my kitchen!

I had the perfect place for it...

DSC_0131 (2)

Right smack in the middle of our island table! It will soon be filled with fudge rounds...or breakfast bars...or maybe Halloween candy?

Before I visited sis, I woke up early and hit a few garage sales. The morning was crisp and beautiful and oh so nice to be out digging!

I found a few things and only broke a $20 bill. Not bad for Autumn junking!

DSC_0171 (2)

I really fell in love with this old Samsonite luggage. I love the tag and the old Firestone sticker someone stuck on it long ago :)))

DSC_0172 (2)

The buttons were a treat too. They were jammed packed in a little plastic toolbox for $5! Some buttons are glass, wooden and mother of pearl, and a few rhinestone ones too, which are real treats!

DSC_0174

  They were loved by some old lady. She had some of them taped up in groups to use for later. I'll have to soak them to get the yucky glue off   :(  Someone should have told her to string or wire them together!!!

My birthday MONTH so far has been full of goodies. Heck, I think I might open a present (or two) tomorrow...

:)))

12 comments:

VS said...

OK...I LOVE ya dearly...but I must say, you are one spoiled little bloggy gal!!! Am I jealous??? Hell Yeah!!! I want all the wonderful birthday love you get & it's only the 4th. What's next...a pony? LOL
Happy birthday sweet girl & turning 40 is NOTHING!!!! I was actually at my best at 40, 50's on the other hand...sucks! Things a start a aching! :/
Hugs Louisanna Girl & I'll be checking back to see what other kind of booty you get!
Susie

Draffin Bears said...

Happy happy 40th birthday month, dear Jodie.
Looks like you are off to a good start with the pressies and cakes.
Love all the sweet buttons you got at the sale.

Have a fabulous week, and enjoy every moment!
Hugs
Carolyn

Charlene said...

GREAT FINDS!!!!!!!!!!!! And that cake looked divine. No calories there right???? Splurge it's your BDay! HUGS! Charlene

My Grama's Soul said...

Sounds like your birthday months is starting out on a very positive note....can;t wait to see day 27or 28!!! TEEHEE

Xo

Jo

Lisa said...

Okay my little friend,
Quit with the garage sales. You just bought 30 door plates for cryin out loud! Besides that you have a table full of goodies on the table that you don't even have to pay for. They're just sitting there, waiting....saying 'please Jodie, open me' 'it's dark in this flat rate box' . Oh I see, your waiting to see if you can fit 31 gifts on the table. LOL I'm not mailing yours until the end of the month. You'll get it on day 30!!! Lisa
I hope your having a great month, is Thad being good to you?

Vicki said...

I'm just going to say it outloud... JEALOUS!!!...lol I am crazy for the luggage piece and the kitchen island...my jaw hit the floor. Love that! You need to pinch yourself because all of this is too good to be true! Enjoy and have a bite of cookie cake for me...I'll take the zero in "40" please so it is no calories.

Heidi said...

Yes, I agree, your kitchen island is awesome! The platter/tray looks beautiful on it...

Happy Birthday!
~Heidi

E. Charlotte said...

You are loving your Birthday month! Awesome! :D Isn't it great when you get sweet gifts from folks that really, really know you? So cool!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today, and for following! You completely lit up my afternoon with that post! :D Keep enjoying your month!!!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Morning Jodie....!

Alas Lovey your cake pic is not showing but from your description, my moth was a waterin'.....hahahahaha....LOVE your recent finds....ESPECIALLY the samsonite piece....!

Smiles from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Doh....My M-O-U-T-H was watering....My moth is in my purse....hahahahaha.... ** wink **

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Ok, you are so spoiled! Isn't it fun though to have a whole birthday month and share it with family and friends!! Just think how lucky we are to have 31 days in our month!!!

shawn street said...

OMG! I want me some of that cake! I'm dieting, so I can always fantasize. I hope you enjoyed it with that big glass of milk.