Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What to say?

 

DSC_0062 (2)

We are surrounded with such beautiful things, a roof over our head, food in the refrigerator and a family to share it with, etc. 

At this very moment, some are left with nothing ... not even life itself. 

Let us not forget about our people, our families, & our friends in:

Oklahoma who were devastated by the latest storms that turned their lives around in the blink of an eye...

Australia who have been fighting fierce wildfires that have ravaged their land and lives...

...and pray for them please.

This blog community is so sincere. For the record, I have no family in neither of these areas, but I have met some wonderful souls from there that I call my friends. They have stopped to visit here on my blog and left a sweet comment here and there.  And, I the same. Something must have drawn us together, maybe because we are souls on the same beat of creativity and life???  Without the blogging community, I really doubt that our paths would have ever crossed being miles and miles apart. But I am thankful for them and all who visit here and today my heart is drawn to them but in a much different light of day than before.

7 comments:

Willnnabel said...

How very true. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

pinkroses said...

Oh Jodie, I am with you...so greatful for what I have and so heartbroken for those who have lost so much. This blogging community is a great one, and the power of prayer is strong. May those in need feel us lifting them in prayer.

The Vintage Rose said...

Thanks so much Jodie for your kind thoughts and prayers.

The Victorian Parlor said...

Beautifully said. I agree completely and will continue to pray for all impacted by these terrible disasters.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful thoughts and something so sweet to pray about. In a world where I am blessed to have so much...I know it can be gone in a blink of an eye. May the Lord wrap his arms around those in need and be a hedge of protection to those who have lost everything. I am blessed to be a part of this creative bunch and God bless you Jodie for blogging about this today!
XO~Hope

Pam @ Frippery said...

Beautiful and true. I will join my prayers with yours. Thanks for the good thoughts. Pam

Anonymous said...

Amen! What would we do without 'faith' and the acknowledgement that we are not alone here to endure 'life' when we struggle through all of the unexpected circumstances that happen to us. Your prayers and thoughts are very much heard as we all join in for our brothers and sisters in this small world. What happens to one, affects the other. God is soooo good and soooo merciful, and is giving strength and courage to the survivors and their families....and to us in the everyday simple things we all take for granted. I love you Jodie and your blog touches me each time I read it. You are an inspiration on many levels to many souls! Thanks again for my precious Valentine! :) With hugs, kisses, love, and prayers everyday! krc oxox