2008 has come to end. Another 365 days of memories, good or bad, happy or sad. 2008 will join the past and we will soon wake up to see a new year. What will it bring? Who knows. We can't control the future, I know that. But, we can change some things...
Here are a few things that are on my list for 2009... some are only extensions of 2008 , some are wishful self improvements, and some are just things that I really want to take the time and do. I mixed my list with some pictures I've taken over the past year...
- Garage sales - I hope to get up before sunrise on Saturday mornings at least twice a month.
- Sunday grilling - Thad & I used to grill hamburgers every Sunday for lunch. We slacked in doing this in '08 and I miss those times...hopefully my Dad will join us like he used to do.
- Start the new year clean and fresh - hold no grudges and leave all negative thoughts and actions behind.
- List items in my Etsy store - it's been open since 2007 and I've never put anything for sale. I've been giving everything I make away as gifts or surprises. I really need to stop that.
Keep in touch with high school friends - I've really enjoyed being with some of my classmates since our 20 year reunion.
- Exercise - To start walking again...for my mind, body & soul.
- Take a photography class - I love my camera and I want to get the most I can out of it.
- To cook more - We've been so busy this year, we ate out a lot. It's a habit we need to stop.
- Do things because I want to, not because I should or have to.
- Bingo - I hope to play at least twice a month. (& win!)
- Blog often - I hope to blog at least 4 times a week about something interesting with lots of pictures. Maybe even join some swaps or participate in more "show & tells".
- Be more thankful - I want to think of at least five things daily to be thankful for so I won't ever get in the habit of taking things or people I love for granted.
- Go to the movies at least once every two months - I only went to the movies once in '08. I miss the popcorn.
- Send birthday cards - I'm bad about not sending them. Matter of fact, I never give a present with a birthday card. I really need to work on that!
- Listen to my ipod more - I miss my music, that's how busy I have been in '08. Life is not the same without music.
- Learn to sew - big stuff like curtains, pillows, etc.
And, there are other things on my list but I'll stop here. Just know that I'll be doing my best to make the new year great...for myself and for those I love!
Have you made your list yet? It's never too late!!!!!