Sunday, October 19, 2008

Show & Tell Sunday...

The theme today is "Vintage Art Bits" hosted by the wonderful Cerri from Little Pink Studio. This is the first time I participate in this event and although I really love to hop from blog to blog to see all the beautiful things that people collect and share with others, I just thought I might share some things with you today.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret before I start... the blog world is SO beautiful on Show & Tell Sundays!

Now if I understood correctly, I am supposed to show you my favorite vintage bits. But in my world, since I love everything vintage, it was very hard for me to find just a few to show you.

I don't want to hog up your whole Sunday so here's just a few of my favorites...

Below are some little bitty bauble bits displayed in a vintage pink aluminum Frigidaire  ice tray...

DSC_0217

My favorite is an old printer's tray full of scrapping bits ...

DSC_0042 (2)

such as brads and eyelets, charms and old letters, keys and tags, ETC...

DSC_0214 (2)

Vintage inspired paper bits...

DSC_0228 (3)

And of course ephemera bits...

DSC_0221 (2)

And we all need embellishment bits to attach to those pretty papers and ephemera right???

DSC_0231 (2)

Vintage seam binding, chenille trims & satin cording, beads & sheet music to share a few...

DSC_0232 (2)

And of course vintage lace...what's a girl to do without her vintage lace?

DSC_0233 (2)

And last but not least...beads!     ah yes, glass beads!       Feel free to grab a needle and thread to add some vintage bling to your project!

DSC_0211 (2)

Excuse me, but what time do you have? Oh, I hope I haven't kept you too long, have I? Honestly friend, I tried to keep you all to myself and I would have loved for you to spend the whole day with me.  We could have made some really pretty things together you and I ... maybe later when you have more time?

I really appreciate you stopping by to see my vintage bits and please stop by Cerri's blog to see the list of other Show & Tell Sunday participants.

Remember our secret...it's a beautiful day today!

6 comments:

Kara Ward said...

Okay, I am coming to your house...this just looks like eye candy to me...you are a wonderful collector. Kara

Rachel said...

Oh your lace! Drooling now...
~Rachel

Little Pink Studio said...

Beautiful bits! Love your photos, and thank you for playing along with us today!
~Cerri xo

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the look into your vintage goodness, what lovelies you have! Juanita

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love all of you treasures! That ice tray is great!! What a great idea!

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Oh, very pretty stuff! I love the pink ice tray!

Shannon