Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 6 of my "Birthday Month"

Here's a few of my jewels I picked up from my flea market and garage sale excursion this past weekend...

I think I got a good deal on these 2 old black general ledgers...the handwriting is beautiful and they are very very very HEAVY!

DSC_0119 (2)

DSC_0115 (2)

I picked up a box of thread...I'll never use all of this thread in my lifetime but she sold me the whole box for $5! I love to use these colorful threads for gift tags! Even the box it came in was cute!

DSC_0142

DSC_0146

I found some great vintage baby cards, however the lady who sold them to me wasn't so great...she was miss snooty tooty!

DSC_0147

And at one of our stops, we encountered a shopper near us saying "oh, all of this stuff is junk..." Oh well lady, excuse me while I take this Christmas "junk" home with me...yippie postcards!

DSC_0156

This one is my favorite...it is real...not reproduction...

DSC_0160

It's postmarked 1937!!!

DSC_0162

And lastly, I found this beautiful bone china plate...it was the perfect plate for this picture of my sister's gift I am sending her. I lightly tea dyed the white handkerchief, pressed it, placed her eyeglass chain in it and folded it like an envelope. I then wrapped it with seam binding, printed a vintage card and viola! Instant vintage love coming her way, without the plate!! :)

DSC_0168

Well I hope you enjoyed my shopping experience this weekend and I didn't bore you too much with the last three posts. Actually I have one more flea market to post about...are you in for it? It's coming soon.

Thanks for hanging in there with me during my "Birthday Month" series. It's going to be a busy month for me with football and all, It's my 20 year reunion!!!! Go Bobcats!

If you haven't noticed yet...I love birthdays...even mine and........ I love the month of October!

No comments: