Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My favorite time of the year...

"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."
-   Elizabeth Lawrence

DSC_0241

So therefore, I am taking some time today to post my Autumn inspirations throughout my home. With all of the "busy-ness" of the past summer days, it was nice to wake with a breezy morning. Fall rejuvenates my soul and it is a season that patiently awaits a hibernation of rest and nesting for the cold winter months that soon will follow. A season of preparation and change no doubt.

DSC_0252

It's the season for high school football, parades and bonfires.

DSC_0250

It's the season for tricks and treats...

DSC_0274

pumpkins and candy, and all that is sweet.

DSC_0273

The burst of new color is so vibrant but yet so warm...

DSC_0265

It's the combination of life trying to survive to the bitter end and the arrival of death preceding the birth of winter.

 DSC_0256

It's a wonderful time for family gatherings around the table and the smell of pumpkin pie and cinnamon...

DSC_0258

Oh how I love Fall, it's my favorite season of the year. I long for the colors, the smells, the long shadows of the days and the cool temperatures of the evenings.

DSC_0291

I anticipate sitting outside near the fire pit, being mesmerized by the flames as the shortened days of Autumn fall upon me...

DSC_0295

Thanks for sharing my Autumn inspiration with me...I hope you enjoy the season as much as I do.

No comments: